Uncharted Wines Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and any subsequent UK data protection legislation the data controller for data that we collect from you is Uncharted Wines Ltd, Unit 16, Containerville, 35 Corbridge Crescent, London E2 9EZ, United Kingdom.
We may collect and process your personal data:
From information that you provide emailing any @unchartedwines.com email address to request information about our events, goods and services.
From information that you provide on a credit application form used to open your account.
From information that you provide when placing an order.
We do not collect or hold any financial data. All payment is processed through the invoicing service on XERO or through the direct debit service GoCARDLESS – both responsible, secure and compliant payment software services.
Information from a business card or word of mouth
With your permission your name, email address, and Company name, if applicable, will be added to our database so you can receive information about our events, goods and services.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can ask us to delete your profile by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data will never be shared with or sold to any other party, company or person and is only used for Uncharted Wines Ltd business and marketing purposes.
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process personal data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can review and change your information by contacting us at email@example.com
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
- find out how we process your data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate - or correct it yourself via your profile;
- request that your data is deleted;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- if we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
- if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you.
- lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to allow us to investigate and resolve the matter as appropriate.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.